Sunday, July 01, 2007

Gate City Grind

I had a little bit of Alexander Vinokourov


in me during the road race. It always seems like the first part of a Pro 1,2 road race is always attack after attack. Well lucky or unlucky Sam Krieg got in the break with two team mates from Porcupine/Specialized Racing. The biggest team then went to the front and and started to rotate through trying to bring it back. With a few miles of doing that, they pulled off the front looking blown. We got to the tail wind section and the move had put 2min 30sec into the group in a few miles. It was time for that move to start coming back! With help from a few teams we kept them with a 2min gap. Rose start helping out and keeping the pace high. On the 4th lap and killing myself on the front of the field the gap was only had 15 sec, but we did not want that move coming back yet. If it did the attacks would be fireing off again and we wanted that break to be blown when it came back With ending the 4th lap and going into the 5th lap I knew my legs didn't have much left but I knew it wasn't about me today. This was going to be for Matt. I killed myself keeping the pace at 36 to 40 mph no joke. With Rose taking a pull on the front going up the hill then me I waited a few sec for Rose to get tucked into the group then I threw it down. I wanted the pressure to be so hard that no one would want to attack!! I did this and then blew off the back of the main group, but with my move there was a lot of carnage out on the road. The group I was with, actually made it back to the main group and I went right back to the front to keep the pace high. This yo yo effect happened a few more times before someone surged and I got caught out from the main field and was the only one off the back. At this point I cruised in knowing that my job was done. Rose and Matt got 4th and 5th on the day. This race would have been so awesome if the whole squad would have came. The cross winds made it really difficult. Tad it was one of those days that you dreamed about, I know how much you love the cross wind.




Time trail I did some soft pedaling to not waist anything for tomorrows crit. Rose and Matt rode the TT as if there was no tomorrow. Rose got 3rd and Matt got 2nd. I have not seen the GC yet but Team Bobs-bicycles.com is sitting really well. The Cirt is going to be a real hard Bike race with so many people with in just a few seconds. I can't wait I plan on ripping peoples legs off helping my mates out. It almost easier going in knowing that my place at the finish doesn't even matter. I will ride for bobs and for the over all win.


The Crit was an all out fist fight on bikes!! With the race being so close the Logan team had to keep the pressure on the front of race. This tried to stop all the attacks. With the First prime being a 10 sec time bonus the field was in a constant fight for position. Logan's race leader picked up the time bonus moving him up 19 sec over Matt W. The next prime was for 50 dollars, I used my home court advantage because I know where I can attack from on that course. 50 dollars was added to the pool of money. I then chased everything that was a threat down and sat on their wheel. With about 8 laps to go Justin took a flyer and stayed out there for 5 laps. making Logan chase and blowing a lot of there team right out the back door. Matt got 5th in the crit and Justin got 6th in the crit.


Team Bob's got two people on the podium Matt in 2nd and Rose in 3rd great job guys!!


I also got to thank
for all the help they gave Bob's team this week. They gave us some paper because Matt forgot his number so we had to make one via Tri-med Paper(injury report paper)! They had an outside AC that we sat by to stay cool during the crit. They gave us food which was awesome!!! The ice cold rags before and after the race was huge for not overheating and cooling down. THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT!!

1 comment:

Smitty said...

HEY. AND now your VIDEO is done. Check it out on our website.
www.trimedidaho.com

scroll down the page to the Grind logo. Good job... and good luck to you! Smitty