Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Twilight

Wow this race can get a man moving really fast for 90min! With all of my peeps showing up and cheering me on, which extra motivation to go fast. Its' going off the front and chasing things down that you think might go off the front!!! Well the race was flying fast this year, a 30 mph average. This year the race went by so quick compared to last years,108degrees race. The race had a 103 starters the biggest twilight ever! I felt awesome during the race and could move in the pack pretty easily. Corner one was awesome that was the Bob's corner, we had our great cheering squad there. Also on corner one was a hot dog stand on this corner. Man did it smell good, for the few laps that I could smell over the burning brake pads on peoples carbon wheels. Corner two was good too. Someone out side corner two was yelling Go Stu!!! The back straight away was a little dark for my likings, toward the end of the race. With my eyes being dilated and constricted back and forth the second half of the race. Corner three was a little crazed because of the position of the big grooves and wholes in the middle of the road. Corner four, wow it had a lot going on with fans again cheering me on, and the barriers that I hit once with my shoe and bars that was a little scary. The front straight away was loud, really loud. With two laps to go it was amazing it was like hitting a wall of sound. The Cuban missile won the race and sat on the back of the Crit for 75 laps. in last place. He can also be racing and reach over and pick something up off the road, very impressive. I saw this at cascade a few weeks ago and J-rose saw him do this at Twilight. So the two of us practiced this at a park with our water bottles. It's hard but we got it down. So I ended up placing 31st not bad but, I thought I did better. Well that's that. I ready to do some bike riding now. Hope to see you out on the Road!!

No comments: