Wednesday, July 19, 2006

WHO'S ON TOP


So the two weeks out of racing might have been a good thing for me. I made a few early moves that didn't break the field up to much. Then I threw down a good attack with Craig Kidd sitting on my wheel. I could see the points leader (Justin Kline) a bikes length off of Kidd’s wheel. So I drove it. With one lap later we had a gap of 7 seconds and held that gap for five or so laps. Then a Prime lap was called out. I thought for sure we where going to get caught. With Kidd giving me the prime we kept on rolling. That lap the gap opened up to a whopping 37 seconds. The race had been ripped open. With Kidd giving me all of the Primes and lapping the field, I decided it was time to race again. Kidd to a longer pull then usual then I attacked him. With about 9 min left on the clock plus two laps it turned into a time trial. With the win in the bag my confidence is looking really good for this weekend. Justin Rose waited a little to late in the crit to bridge the gap. He got 3rd on the night which is a really good ride.(I did lap him and everybody but kidd)

I also got the Crit Leaders Jersey and now am in the lead for BAR(Best All around Rider).So I’m on top!!!!


No comments: