Sunday, July 30, 2006

Race day

Today is the Pocatello old town Crit. I go off at 3:20 this afternoon and will be racing for rent money so it's going to be a very aggressive day. I don't even know the course, so I will be going down there on my bike checking out the course to do the pre ride. It's kind of like how lance did it scout out the course but months in advance instead of hours. I will be fresher than everyone there today so the ball is in my court. All the other racers did the 100 mile Road race yesterday. I rode 15 miles and sat in a car for six hours driving back from Grand Junction. I will be moving there in 3 weeks time so I am really excited. If I don't have a good day on the bike I might be selling some stuff for rent money so stop by and you might get a great deal on something.

Out horse powered. It was the ideal situation for ICE having 6 riders at the start of the race. The only thing was that 2 had already done 2 races in the morning so they didn't have the horse power. That left Dave Rose, Sam and myself. With the race being so fast and undecided groups would go up the road and then they would come right back because they were not the right formula to make the cake. Then a group of 5 went up the road 2 ICE 2 Logan racers and another rider. I knew this was a good mix of riders because the field sat up. Then I knew I had to get into that break. I attacked the field and started my chase of the leaders. With 5 laps of chasing I got on right as Kline feel off the back of the lead group so the team numbers stayed the same. ICE and Logan started attacking each other to drop the rider with no team mates so he had to close all the gaps down. With the leaders lapping the field the pace of the field got a lot faster. The teams started to play games again, with 5 laps to go a Logan racer attacked and put it into hyper drive. He just rolled away from us. Sam was sitting on the front killing himself to bring it back for me so I could win the sprint. The gap got bigger and bigger. Racing for 2nd Sam gave it all he had and I gave it all I had, I got picked at the line 3rd, Sam 4th. Just didn't have the horse power like the Logan racers. But got some money for rent which is great.
Some Really good Pics that Craig Worth took at the Crit that he is saleing. Alot of great pics of the 1-2 but some of the 4 race too.

No comments: