Sunday, June 24, 2007

Don't stop believin'Hold on to the feelin

Just a small town girl, livin' in a lonely world She took the midnight train goin' anywhere...Just a city boy, born and raised in South Detroit He took the midnight train goin' anywhere...
A singer in a smoky room, The smell of wine and cheap perfume For a smile they can share the night It goes on and on and on and on...
Strangers waiting, up and down the boulevard Their shadows searching in the night Streetlight people, living just to find emotion Hiding, somewhere in the night
Working hard to get my fill, Everybody wants a thrill Payin' anything to roll the dice, Just one more time
Some will win, some will lose Some were born to sing the blues Oh, the movie never ends It goes on and on and on and on
Don't stop believin' Hold on to the feelin 'Streetlight people
If you want to Listen


Elkhorn Stage Race.
With stage one being a new road race course, the field was pretty excited to get under way. With the mission being for the worker houses is get in a break and do not work, aka the insurance card. This way my team doesn't have to work in pulling back the break, haha. I made the break and got an ear full for about 70 miles. Sorry everybody my agenda is not the same as yours. With ten miles to go the field caught the break away. I went to the back of the pack and then went right to the and did one pull for the break to bring back a move. Then BOOM, I went right out the back of the field. I rode a slow TT saving myself for the crit. The crit didn't go as well as I wanted put I still got 13. I'm a little disappointed, oh well bike racing. Today's 102 mile was awesome!! My 75 place does not give it justice. The mission was to get one or two guys in the early break, we got three!!! That's how Bob's goes crazy on the field. It was not so easy thou. The first 10 miles of the race was 100 guys single file with attacks almost the hole time. I felt like I was in Belgium in a spring classic. I got lucky. I already had Rose and Brandon up the road so I fallowed a wheel then jumped him when he was blown. The break worked really well together and we had 6 min on the field at one point. After the 3rd big climb team Bob's sat on the back. Waiting for mark to come across we waited. With getting caught right at the bottom of the climb the three Bob's riders took there turns on the front of the select climbers group laying down the tempo. I took my turn on the front and pealed off and spun up the hill in my lowest gear. I also took a pee on the way up. When the job was done all I could think about is Don't stop believin'Hold on to the feelin the song the inspired the team for the whole weekend!!! It's the real reason 3 of us made it into the break!!

No comments: