Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Durango Road Season


Well the Team TT was a huge F up. It was my fault my hip-flexer burned up on me. I could put out no power. I could barely stay on the wheels of Mitch H. and NK.



With the weather looking pretty crappy I thought the crit was going to be a no go. The crit was on and one of the best course ever. The road were super smooth and fast and the alley climb was so cool. It really hurt as you can see on my face but we would hit that thing so hard. I ended up 8th with is pretty lucky considering that I almost went down in the last corner. A FLC guy hit my brake lever with his left shoulder applying my rear brake. My brake tore his jersey and my brake released letting my bike stop sliding. close one.




RR well lets just say I had another flat again. I did chase on for 12 miles and caught the chase group. Not bad considering I thought my day was over when I flatted. A CU rider gave me his front wheel. He wrecked on the first lap and wasn't in it. I also dropped the chase group on the last lap with three miles to go. I felt great but didn't have the right kind of luck. I ended up 17th.
Oh Yeah that's me opening up a gap off the front. Trying to hit the hill first.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there, Stu! Lookin' fast! Ryan pointed me in the direction of your blog.

I've entered the blogosphere too:
www.jessibikes.blogspot.com. I'm not very fast, but I do love my new carbon trek and my tubeless tire/disc brake combo on the specialized.

Jessi