Saturday, March 03, 2007

Desert Storm







Today Mesa dropped the bomb. First off was the ITT and later in the day was a TTT. I went off with the USCF because they forgot to put my number in with the Collegiate riders. You would think that 140 141 143 that maybe there would be a 142 but not in New Mexico, it fits in with the teens. I felt really good in the ITT. I didn't have a 30 sec person to chase which sucked but the USCF riders that I had to chase had the group ride legs on and not the race legs I caught 10 riders. I felt good but I don't know how I did compared to the rest of the collegiate riders. The TTT went really well for my first TTT. We stayed all together and kept it rolling I think we had a good ride but don't know how we did comparative to the other schools. Tomorrow is two Crits one Collegiate and another USCF after that. I feel good I have to give my coach a huge thanks for keeping so busy on the bike this winter and suffering day in and day out.


I got 9th in the men's ITT with no aero gear, I was second in the Men's D II. . We rode a brilliant TTT, we started with 4 riders and I thought we would come home with 3 losing one. We went off and took all really good pulls I took longer pulls that way letting everyone else get more rest. Kevin M. took a massive pull to the top of a hill that was located right before the turn around. Then I took the big pull into the turn around then Mitch took a strong pull out of turn getting up back up to speed. Conor took the pull to the top of the hill, then starting the rotation again. We started making the pulls shorter and harder on the way back in allowing the speed to stay as high as possible. In the Team Time Trial Mesa got 3rd behind a CU and FLC team. We did beat two FLC and CU teams, and was the 1st D II team

When Mesa drops the bombs it's full on and we don't do it half ass. Today was a Collegiate and a USCF pro 1,2,3 Crit. So from the gun CU launched one of there riders off the front. The field was keeping him on a short leash. They called a prime for the field with getting my self in the right position for the prime I went for it and one the prime and kept on rolling right up to the CU rider. We worked together and shared the pulls, working well together. With about 4 laps to go a group of CU riders and FLC made it up to us. I knew at this point I was out numbered big time. I covered one attack from a FLC rider and then got back in the middle of the break getting myself in good position. Charging towards the finish I got took 5th in the sprint.

USCF Crit my legs felt pretty heavy and the plan was to just sit in for a good workout. Something must have been in the air because a guy in this field went early. With another field prime I wanted to get in good position to go for the sprint. Like the first Crit I won the Prime and charged towards the break away. Taking pulls with this guy I knew I was out powered I took short pulls and gave it all I had, With a few laps later a group of 5 came across. I was stocked my legs could get some rest now. I let the teams attack one another time and time again. With 5 laps to go my legs could really feel the load in them and was getting hard for me to stay on the wheel in front of me out of every corner. The attacks stopped with one to go with all the breakaway together. The group sat up waiting for someone to take the pull. I'm looking at the field charging on us when and attack for the New Mexico Colavita team(tools), I dug deep to stay on the wheels in front of me I got into 3rd wheel back. When we came out of the last corner and gave it all I had feeling pain, 2nd! Not bad for spending two Crits off the front for majority of the time.

1 comment:

Dave said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.