Sunday, March 18, 2007

CU, Boulder







Well Mesa had an awesome weekend!!! The weekend started with the TT then a Crit and on Sunday was the Circuit race. The TT course was very challenging with big rollers that was a little over 10 miles. I felt like the power was gone. I was slowly bring back my 30 sec man but not nearly as fast I wanted to. I got done and thought that I had the worst ride on my bike ever, just didn't feel good about my ride. Well I didn't ride so poorly after all, I got 2nd 4 sec behind Troy Wells a pro that road for TIAA-CREF last year. Not to bad!!!

The crit was and very technical course with pot holes and craziness. I got 2 point primes early in the race. The race was sending people left and right from CU and FLC. Those two schools really battled against each other putting there guys on the front to shut down breaks that where going up the road. In the last lap I got boxed in and really had a hard time moving up. I got sixth and second in the DII. One of CU riders, Brad Bingham is an animal, that kid knows how to suffer on the front to lead out his teammates. He's a real team player props to him.
Circuit race was hard from the start. My legs didn't feel to hot. Mesa got a rider in the break on the 3rd lap and the TOOL and myself sat on the front and slowed the field down. I was able to sit in and stay out of the wind which was nice. I tried to git up the road with a lap to go but nothing, I tried really but nothing affective. I ended up sprinting in the field and went to early and got housed at the end. NOT MY BEST PERFORMANCE!!!!
I found out that Mesa riders are 1,2 in DII I got 313 points and Mitch is 198 points. Mesa is also #1 in the conference for points too.
Major Props to Justin Rose for his first Win of the season!!!! Team Bobs-Bicycles.Com

4 comments:

Smitty said...

Yo Stu! Congratulations on the racing! Looks like you're doing great. Hey.. do you go to class at all? Just wondering because you still can't spell! Bye. Smitty

Justin Rose said...

hahahaha.... burrrrrrn!!!!

BillyDemon said...

Hey, U the man. I don;t know shit about power graphs, but something tells me I got some work cut out to transfer ski fitness into anything that can keep up with you! Screw spelin you don't need to write well if you are fast enough!

Mindy said...

Hey - great riding last weekend. It was fun to meet the team and watch you all race so well! Congrats on the #1 spot for you and the team. Have a great season.
Mindy