Thursday, June 29, 2006

Gate City Grind TIME

I have never hurt so bad in 2:37 Blurred vision and coughing OUCH. Eye of the Tiger




This is the local race that we all want to do well at. The Pro 1-2 is looking stacked with Louder and Burke coming it's going to be a Grind like no other. I'm going for a crit win for sure and hopefully someone from ICE to win the overall GC. Keep watching this page all weekend long I will put the updates on as soon as I can.

Day1 Prologue
Wow I'm really pumped up! A little nervous but that's all right, I am the local hero(a little pressure). But the real HERO of the day is Justin Rose (my friend) who won his first Pro1/2 with real deal Pro's. Sam got 3rd, 3secs back and I got 6th, 4sec back. Just a little hint for tomorrow it's going to be on death com 4 in the road race, attacks and counter attacks tell Rocky mountain Surgery Center gets a guy up the road in THE RIGHT MOVE. Dinner time now

Day2 Road Race
So it was an 87 mile road race that was 5 laps. Right from the gun Chuck Collins(the amimal) went (bold move). I sat in the field for almost the first lap and Healthy Choice guy attacked and got 50 meters on the field and I went from half way back in the pack and went for it. I look back no one is coming perfect close the gap and keep it rolling. About a lap later we catch chuck and a Park City guy that bridged right after chuck went. The next lap a group of six caught us with Sam and the two Pros. But shortly after that the field caught us how that worked out I don't know. The time up the big hill the pros went and Justine rose went with thin. That break was short lived. Burke one of the pros went again oh my god I was thinking that's why he gets paid. Sam and three other bridged across and stayed out there. The next time up the hill Jeff louder attacked and only two guys could hold on to his wheel(me being one of those guys that had that much pain) We caught the Sam and Burke move but with the final feed zone Burke attacked again. The group was wearing down we tried to bring Burke back but didn't happen and we also got caught by the field 13th on the day.

TT
rode easy saving my self for the crit

Day3 Crit
Three down and one to go. With the two Pro's sitting one and two in the GC with just a few seconds in between them it was a recipe for a really hard race. The heat was really really bad and no shad at all on the course for the riders. The attacks where being thrown down like a ultimate fighting match, none stop. With all the moves that where happening I went with almost everyone besides the one that stayed away. I got 8th on the day which I was happy with how things worked out for the most part. The I daho State Journal wrote "Pocatellan Chris Stuart finished 11th in the top male classification, the best among locals in the event. Justin Rose and Sam Krieg, also of Pocatello, finished 15th and 16th in the category, respectively" More Photos(Thanks Gate City Photos)

No comments: