Monday, June 05, 2006

Better Than Any Win








Wow what a week!!! I had a great Thanksgiving Point Classic, and I got my first WIN of the season!!! But even better than that, I was informed that my half sister( Jessie) sent a letter to my father last week, with her email address and phone number. Katie (little sister) had already fired her an email across and had received one back. So I wrote an email and sent it across so excited to hear back from her. Got one back and I was just in AW. I tried to find her four years ago and got her number and never gave her a call because I was scared, of what I don’t know. I went on the Tuesday night ride in the POC and saw Jenean (My dad’s x-girlfriend) we talked about racing and how she was going to Lake Tahoe for a century ride(100 miles). The next day I’m at work Katie brings me the letter that Jessie sent to Dad. With that letter was a flyer that said she was doing a fund raiser Team in Training for leukemia. The Team and Training flyer also said that they were doing a century ride around Lake Tahoe. (The wheels started to turn in my head, Lake Tahoe). Holy Shit!!! I called Jenean and told her the story. I asked if I could go with her. She said she would talk to BOB M. because he had the contacts for the place, and give me a call back. Later that night I talked to Jessie for the first time. You could tell it was family instantly, and so much to say that neither one could think of anything to ask about each other. Then I told her that I might be coming to Lake Tahoe for the weekend to meet her and to do the ride with her. All depending on a place to stay and a ride down there. Jenean gave me a call back saying that is was alright and would be leaving on Friday morning. From then on I was a six-year-old and Christmas was two days away. The excitement was unbelievable. I called Jessie back and said I’M COMING TO MEET YOU. Then my phone runs out of battery. I borrowed a phone and called her back and to hear Jessie’s voice filled with so much excitement that is was a feeling that I will never forget. Friday morning comes and we are on the road. 9.5 hours later we arrive in Glensbrook a very very nice neighborhood north of South Lake Tahoe. We dropped off our stuff and made our way into town where Jessie was staying. I give her a call and she is on her way to meet me and the group that made it happen for me. Holy shit she looks so much like Katie scary how much she looks like Katie. Wow the hug was one of the best things I have ever received. I could not stop looking at her. I was so in AW. We went to dinner with the group and talked and talked. The Group left and we played catch up asking question and just thinking how crazy this has all happened. I went back to Glensbrook for the night, liven it up in the house we were in. The next day I rode 40 miles and got my legs back under me, been off the bike for 3 days because a knee problem. Well Jessie’s friend came up from San Fran to cheer her on and to hang out. They drove up to Glensbrook and we all went to Inlcline to get some lunch. We cruised back to the pad that I was staying at and hung out for a while. Jessie had a dinner that she was going to for her Team in Training. While back at the pad, Bob from Florida(the ladies man) not Bob from Idaho, made an awesome salad and amazing pasta dish. I went back into town to hang out with Jessie and I met another one of her friend’s Ryan from Idaho. Well the night was short because of the big ride. The next morning I met Jessie and her awesome group that let me tag along with them(thanks Team in Training San Diego for letting me do that). I had such a great time riding with my big sis that I don’t have the words to describe what that meant to me. By the way the Stuart’s have it in the blood she is also a bad ass. She might even give Dad a run for his money on the hills. The after party was great we got a little tipsy to say the least....... Monday morning came way to quick and we said our good byes. I had the best weekend I have ever had! Thanks to Bob M. Jenaen, Bob the ladies man.

No comments: