Monday, April 07, 2008

Prime Rib?!?!

Well on the way to race in SLC at the Hell of the North, the car stopped at Snowville, UT. We gassed up and went to subway to grab a bit for dinner. Subway is having a deal any foot long for 5 dollars. So Matt W. decided he wanted the prime rib subway sandwich because it's $4.71 for the six inch. So Matt asked the Latino sandwich artist for the Prime rib on the foot long. She looked at him like he was stupid. Matt says the one below Spicy Italian, she replies subway melt. Which is 2 below the Spicy Italian, Matt says no right above that. It was like she had a blinder on for the prime rib. Then the old laddie working at the gas station says, I think it's roast-beef. At this point the team is thinking is this for real. After Matt finally just takes a steak sandwich but when he goes to pay they tell him that is $7.41. What a bunch of jokers in that facility. Then I looked it up on Subway's website, they don't have the prime rib anymore so it was an old sign.

Bike racing well the team had a great day down at the hell of the north taking 1,2,and 3rd which is pretty sweet because that's the only places that paid for. The team Road great. I had a real off day I got something in my lungs and really couldn't breath. I was off the back of the group the first time through the dirt and tried to catch back on but i had nothing. Rose spent a lot of time off the front and won the race. Matt and Calvin got 2nd and 3rd looked up in the final sprint.Look at Matt and Rose's helmet hair then Calvin on the far right. He's got Euro Looking Helmet hair!!

Boise Racing
I had a better day today but yet I still didn't feel good at all. The race had a lot of different weather in it. We started off with the sun out shinning on us. Yet the direction the race was going the storm was heading right for us. Slack started the fun for the day. The group came back together. Slack went again with 2 other riders the head wind was picking up and the storm almost to the race. We caught the lead group and turned right and holly crap the wind was full on cross. with about 10 mins of Bob's and Richard Feldman on the the front killing it, that was the only thing left. 5 Bob's Riders and Richard F. we were keeping the tempo up when suddenly I had a flat front time! DAM IT. I was then caught by the chase group which had Eric rumps in it. He waited for me and took a super dig to get be back in the group. Thanks Eric!!! I then notice the lead group decided to go back to the field and help me get back into a lead position. Then Calvin went off the front, game over 2 other tried to get up there but only could stay in no mans land!! With finishing the last lap Calvin had a4 min lead. With about 7 miles to go Matt rolled up next to me and said lets have a go. We went off the front flying into a head wind. Yet I could not do that type of work load with my lungs. Richard F. brought us back only had 5 guys on his wheel,+ matt and myself tagging on. Richard is so strong that he was blowing people up in his draft. After all of the people blowing up it was 4 Bob's rider and Richard. With about 1K to go Matt Flats his read wheel. Rose went to the front and started killing. With Richard sitting on his wheel, then myself and slack on my wheel. Then Richard went with about 3oo meter to go I sat tell about 200 meters. I went Richard started to move his line into the on coming traffic lane. Yet slack went flying up on the right taking 2nd I got 3rd. Thanks Rose, and the team I'm so glad that I have a group like you guys on my side. Tad nice work in the cross wind

1 comment:

Conor Mullervy said...

thats the jersey you still should be wearing that you have on in the picture up top.