Monday, April 28, 2008

Emmett Idaho

Well this was my 3rd Emmett Roubaix and I was pretty excited for the gravel section. The race started off pretty mellow not a lot happening went up the little freeze out climb and the whole field was all together. With the field very timid the field seemed to be going no where fast. Then Tad attacked and got a solo flyer then 2 BOMA a Cal Raspberry and Calvin Allen(bob's rider). With Calvin up the road the BOMA team went to the front and started bring it back knowing that Calvin is way to strong to be in the front group. We caught them right before the gravel section. Team Bob's drove it hard through the dirt and had a good gap with 4 Bob's rider and no other teams. Yet Rose was one of them but had a flat tire. So Calvin Matt and myself started driving it back towards the Climb. We increased our gap on the field really quickly. With the largest time gap I heard was 3min 30sec. We went two more laps keeping that gap. The last time through the gravel i was blown I thought it was because the dirt was so torn up but my legs could not push the power need to fly over it. Good thing I was with two teammates because they waited for me and I didn't get dropped tell the final climb(big freeze out). My legs felt super flat didn't feel tired just felt like I was out of fuel. I got 3rd and still finished in front of the main group by 5min. Matt W won the stage and Calvin getting 2nd me 3rd J-Mayfield 4th, J-Rose 5th, and Slack 7th. I had 3 Brownies and a chocolate milk at the finish and then rode home getting over a hundred miles yesterday. Full Results

I forgot sun screen OUCH I'm part lobster part albino. now I got my Laser lines for the rest of the season to go off of.

If you have not Heard The Mens Team has got the Invatation for Tour of Utah!!!

I'm also glad to see Levi L. get 3rd at Tour of Georgia because he thinks he can ride everyone off his wheel without attacking. Learn to attack Levi

No comments: