Thursday, May 10, 2007

Nationals




Well after the 15 hour trip we have made it to the big show! I'm so ready for this, I can't wait to race my bike. It has been 10 months in the making. When I decided to go back to school this is why, and to get a degree. I realize anything can happen because it's bike racing, but my plan is to rip some legs off. I'm here to Win the jersey and maybe even two of them. I feel really strong after taking some days off after the Gila. I also brought my best suit,the stash and mullet for the big show. Tomorrow is the TTT, then Saturday is the Road race and then Sunday is the crit. Tuesday Math Final:(




RR


6th, not to bad. I hope the crit goes a little better. I would really like one of those jersey's! I was one place off the podium and 1.8 sec from from the win. Mesa is in 4th in the overall. I will also be going for the overall best rider hopefully I can get my sprint legs on tomorrow. Zero hours studied for math final.




Crit


With the over all best rider in the back of my mind, I was really thinking about winning that crit. My mesa team Road the best they have all year in a crit. I got in a move with a guy from Colorado College. We had 20 sec on the field and that's all we could get. During the Break I was picking up some Prime points which didn't mean much at the time. With a 6 to go a guy from Dartmouth bridged across. This was great for the legs. I started feeling really good. With 1 1/4 laps left we got caught. I did everything I had in my body to hold position for the next lap. 12th in the crit.




Overall O

Final Division II Men’s Omnium
1. Chris Stuart (Mesa State) 183
2. Eric Schlidge (Dartmouth College) 181
3. Peter Horn (Vassar College) 180
4. Todd Nordblom (Colorado College) 173
5. Toby Marzot (Dartmouth College) 166


I love Prime Points!!!!

4 comments:

Justin Rose said...

tough to put into words what i think about that picture. i'll just say: have a great time in kansas.

Anonymous said...

Is this supposed to be some social commentary on the state of folks who live in Kansas? I take umbrage. To my knowledge, neither Ryan nor I have ever had a mullet.

Good luck, Stu!

Dave said...

Show em what Idaho's all about. Word up to the nasty stache. Just make sure you show up to the start line with some BBQ sauce on your jersey.

kris said...

Stu, you look great in that jersey!!! Think of all the prime points you chased at Holt Arena--good practice for college crit racing. I'm really proud of you!

Kris W.