Sunday, September 03, 2006

Maybe I took a little to much rest

Well I thought the rest would be a good thing. I hurt me in more than one way, my knee was really bothering me when I wasn't riding and I lost my POWER. The Gateway challenge was yesterday and it rocked me. I felt good for the first 50 miles and then my legs went into self destruct mode. I got dropped big time. I lost my power. So if you see it let it know that I really need it, hopefully some buddy finds it before to long. I 'm hoping that my Power comes back today I have a Crit in down town Fruita. I think with these two hard days that the legs will find some of the power on the road and grab it up.

My thoughts well I have had my best season on the bike ever, so I can't be mad in how I ride now. I am ready to start lifting the weights so when the suns out, guns out motto can be used. I am going to be lifting the 10 and 20's It's about getting tone. I want to keep the upper arm that I can almost wrap my hand around, and maybe get it a little smaller. The legs I will be lifting the big weights and the small ones. I want to start my rampage, of getting ready for next year. I might race in a few weeks at the NRC Parker Omnium just to see if any of my Power can be found there. I know that there will be plenty of power in the peloton, maybe I can steal some from the guys that have to much power.

Question: What are some good lifts with weights that will transfer over to cycling? Please comment.

Note: if anyone wants to come down to the GJ let me know we can make space for you. It is beautiful.

No comments: