Monday, September 18, 2006

A relaxing weekend away from test and homework

Well I had a big week of studying in the library!! But it really paid off because I kick some butt on all my tests and quiz. So instead of the usual riding lots of miles on the bike I rode the mountain bike for two hours on Saturday and went up to a cabin and chilled on the Grand Mesa. Wow 9200 feet or more the view was amazing and was so dam cold. I hiked up Powder Horn which is the ski RESORT 1 hr away from Grand Junction. I had 1620 feet in my legs at high elevation and it felt like I rode a century. I'm back at the school and the library all week to get ready go to interbike and get a bag full of SWAG(overflowing.) I'm going to do my first collegiate Mountain bike race This weekend I have to get three in to qualify for nationals. I Need to have a good weekend get my head back in the game. I'm not super excited but I haven't been on the start line in a few weeks. That is always a good way for me to gain some fitness back.

These pics are from The Grand Mesa.




No comments: