Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Shocker


Well last Friday night was the Tour of Eagle Crit. I was really excited to show off my critter skills after the win in Montana! The race started off really fast with Rose driving it from the gun and my legs saying that I didn't get a good enough warm up. Soon after rose got off the front with a small break, but brought back then Rose went again solo. I was then fallowing the attacks going up the road also with the rest of the team. I fallowed a jump from a BoDe rider and looked back to see that we had a pretty big gap and about in the middle between Rose and the group. The BoDe rider told be to pull through and there was no chance in hell I was going to help bring back my own teammate. The next time through the start finish they called a cash prime and I attacked him and bridged to Rose. We started swapping pulls every lap. I was thinking we just got this won this is awesome. Nope instead one of my own teammates was super greedy and bridged to Rose any myself. Super Lame while doing that he fired up the field enough to get close enough to have Remi M. an Elite National Champion from a few years back catch us. Calvin A tried to mark him but only had his 11 tooth in the rear because his rear derailleur cable broke a few min. into the race. So now it's 4 Bob's and a guy who has a national caliber sprint. The group was not going to work with him in it. So the attacks started again from our group. Rose again got off the front again. Rose was a beast. With 7 to go he was brought back again and Calvin went off the front. The Chase from the field started to really get hot when they announced 5 laps to go. 4 laps to go I was fallowing a Teammate and he took a bad line into corner one sliding out and I had no where to go but right into him. Brandon was behind me and he wrecked and totaled his front carbon wheel.

My teammate that first slid out was knocked out cold, I got lucky and landed in some dirt and got a mouth full. I slammed my left ring finger into a curb getting a minor factor. Dr Turner thanks again for the Free x-ray. With the knocked out teammate they called the race. They gave the win to Calvin. Pretty much that race was in the bag and it turned into a muscle flexing contest of Bob's riders and then sent 3 of them to the pavement. SUPER LAME

Bob's riders check the text of this book, under the bicycling for dummies sign!!!!

Sunday was the Idaho State RR Championships

It was a great work out and spent 94 miles off the front with Justin Mayfield and a Bode Rider Brandon Akers. So it was two on one. Perfect.... NOT. I have to say Brandon aka Can't drop me Akers, rode a great race and showed amazing talent on Sunday. It's sucks to lose but at the same time I don't feel that bad when I gave it all I had, and the stronger rider wins. Congrats to Brandon for being the Idaho State Champ.
This weekend was the double shocker

Next time you're not skipping pulls, at least I hope your not.


So all in all friday night and sunday felt like Team Bobs-Bicycles.com received the shocker

I give props to Calvin A. for the title of this blog.

1 comment:

Tejvan Pettinger said...

Looks a good race. I think your photo in the header could be a bit bigger though :)