Sunday, June 22, 2008

Da Khorn


That is the Elkhorn Classic I mean!

Stage one was total Degreaser for the team, yet I had a bad day on the bike. Kevin Rowe won the stage in a 3 man break. Calvin 4th Rose 6th Mayfield 7th and Matt same time. I came in 47th, 3 min down.

I rode the tt hard and got my ass kicked but the team showed how good they are on there tt bikes as well.

Crit got canceled because of the rain and the slippery roads. I was happy because the roads where nasty. It was like a ice skating rink compared to Montana.

RR # 2 I was not sure how I was feeling because I only rode to the start line and that was less than a 100 yards. I ended up getting into a move with 4 bobs rider, 1 more than last year. My roll was to work as much as possible and keep Mayfield out of the wind and get him as far as i could. Calvin was an animal pulling up hill 1/2 of the first all of 2 and all of 3. On the 3rd one he popped me but he then sank to the back and pulled me back in. I was a little tired for sure. A chase group caught us with 9 miles to go which had kevin Rowe and the BA from Canada Rat boy from symetrics who ended up winning the stage and winning the over all. Kevin got 2nd Mayfield 3rd and I crawled up the hill in my 39x21/23. It was a long hard day and it was great to see the team ride so well together the past few days.

No comments: