Saturday, December 08, 2007

Lactate Threshold Test

Well I got to say it's been the first time I have been on a trainer this year, and it really wasn't that bad. I have been dreading it for sure, it's over with now. It's really perfect timing because last night it snowed for the first time. So yeah back to the test, I got it. So start you off at 100 watts and ramp you up 30 watts every 3 minutes. So really the test is easy then you are suffering and then it's over for the most part. This picture is not my test, but this is pretty much how it is broken down. The zones are set and now it's all up to me to get fast with a little help from the guys a Physio Therapy. I also want to put a little side note in, those guys are super nice and have really nice setup going on in Eagle, Idaho. I hope to see some massive improvement this year, like 10% or more power and stay a little leaner to this year. I wasn't busy enough this past year and not eating healthy enough so I wasn't shedding the pounds. Wish me luck now and make sure I'm on the bike and not eating any bad foods. I just ask one thing let me have one good beer every once in awhile.



4 comments:

Matt Weyen said...

I know you thought I should test too, but that costs $ and the end results is what I would compare to being told where I am on a map. "you are here" effectively and in the last 15yrs of racing, I've plastered that map with "I was there's." I just want to do the sport for pure fun of competition and I've already gone the route of getting all scientific. There are advatages of doing that, no doubt, but I just wanna race... and do it damn fast cause I want it more than the next Joe.

Unknown said...

Hey Stu,
Just checking up on some team homies via blog...You will be faster this year just from maturing and having more K's and races in the legs. Having your power zones will also help a lot. Are you also getting training plans? I imagine you are. As I coach myself, I'll say just remember to listen to your body, especially don't beat yourself up if you can't get into or sustain your wattage or HR that you supposed to be hitting/staying in. That can be a pitfall of getting really fine-tuned--feeling like you suck if you are meeting the "numbers."
For a young guy like you, you don't know your potential yet, while old guys like Matt and I already have a pretty good idea of what we can do, are determined to win where we can, and are better than average through hard work and/or natural ability.
Keep it up and be safe on that ice and snow!

Unknown said...

get my cell from Buster

Kevin Mullervy said...

ya man I am def going to take this time off and relax. In 08' I want to be getting good results in cat 2 races and I also want to do some bigger races this year. Try to get my name out there so I can get on a good team for 09'